Metro POP Card
An All Zones Annual MetroSaver POP card for metro travel costs £482.50. Purchased via Gateshead Council – it will cost £425. This makes an Annual ALL ZONE pass cheaper than buying ONE ZONE four weekly pass throughout the year.
The MetroSaver is a convenient way to travel around Tyne and Wear. It allows unlimited Metro travel any time of the day, any day of the week, making it an ideal choice for commuting to work and for all your leisure journeys. View the Metro Zone Map here
GO NE (North East) Key Cards
Go North East Key Cards are also available to staff at a discounted rate. Key Cards save you money and give you the best value travel on Go North East buses. Prices correct from 1st June 2015.
|Full Annual Cost||Discounted Staff Cost|
You can view the Go North East zone map here.
Network One cards can be applied for throughout the year. The percentage discount depends on how many passes the Council buy in April. In recent years it has been 5%.
The prices (pre-discount) are:
Rail, Arriva and Stagecoach Passes
Passes in respect of the above are also available. Please use the contact details below for further information.
For further information and details of how to apply for all the passes (including FAQs on the Network One TravelTicket), please contact Chris Churnside or Michael Kyle in the Corporate Travel Team.
Please ring: 0191 4333407 or 0191 4333131
Or email TravelTickets@Gateshead.Gov.UK
Gateshead Council Metro business passes
Employees are encouraged to use public transport for business appointments whenever possible. The Council holds several Metro passes for staff to use for business trips during the working day. They have been provided to Gateshead Council at a very preferential rate and should be the first choice for journeys to a location within easy walking distance of a Metro station.
- Passes are valid 9.30am – 5pm, Mon – Fri
- They can be obtained either directly from the Corporate Travel Team in the South West Pavilion, Ground Floor, or by asking at main Ground Floor Reception (Reception staff will request a member of the Corporate Travel Team to bring a pass to the enquiries window off the foyer)
- Although they cannot be pre-booked, it’s worth ringing Chris Churnside on extension 3407 to check if passes are available prior to collection
- At gated stations, Nexus staff will open barriers when shown a business pass until the Pop Card system is fully introduced
- Passes should be returned via the main Ground Floor reception desk
- For further information email the Corporate Travel Team at CorporateTravel@gateshead.gov.uk
New! Gateshead Council business bus pass
We have 10 dedicated Gateshead Council Go Ahead Key Card bus passes available from the Civic Centre Reception for during the day business use (just take your Council ID with you). The cards are now valid from 8am to 7.30pm, for Purple Zone travel, covering all of Gateshead except the Chopwell area, plus Newcastle city centre. The Key Cards are smartcards and using them couldn’t be simpler – just get on the bus and place it on the card reader located next to the driver. Many locations are easily accessible along main bus routes, including Low Fell, Birtley, Wrekenton and Felling.
Staff should return cards to reception desk as soon as possible after use (desk opens from 8.45am-5.30pm). Metro business passes are also available via reception.
For routes and timetables visit www.simplygo.com
Please email us at TravelSmarterGateshead@Gateshead.Gov.UK to let us know what you think of the passes on offer, or if you have any suggestions on the best ways to promote use of public transport to staff.