other(s) usually make a contribution towards fuel costs.
More than 80% of people who commute to work by car, travel on their own. Yet most live in the same towns and villages as many of their colleagues. With a little planning a lot of these journeys could be combined and sharing a journey with someone, even just once a week, could reduce commuting car journeys by 20%.
Not everyone has to own a car. In rural areas car owners can offer lifts to other members who perhaps don’t have access to a car and where there is little public transport.
There are benefits for you, your employer, the surrounding area and the wider environment. These include:
- saving money on running costs
- saving time looking for parking spaces
- halving the cost of parking
- providing a solution to the transport problems of rural areas
- reducing the need for individual car ownership
- a reduction in your carbon footprint
Visit – https://www.sharesmarter.co.uk/ to:
- Find out how much you can save
- Find out where others are travelling from
- Register, enter your journey details and search for someone who is going in the same direction as you.
Don’t delay – you could be saving money in no time!